Some people are fearful of the dentist because of negative past experiences. Others don’t mind routine dental visits but get nervous at the prospect of more complicated treatments. No matter where you are on the anxiety spectrum, our sedation options in Broken Arrow will soothe your nerves so you can get the dental care you need.Doctor John Rogers on Sedation Options Read Transcript
We do a particularly wonderful job of accommodating our anxious patients here, and I think that's because we offer a wide range of solutions to help that anxiety, from your basic laughing gas to sedation provided by a CRNA that visits the office once a month. We also offer conscious sedation for those that are kind of middle of the road.
So, when we meet a patient who has a particular degree of anxiety, we sit down and we have a conversation and we determine together, ''How can we best accommodate your particular anxieties and apprehensions about coming to see us so we can provide you the best care possible?'' That's different for every patient. Sometimes it's the combination of modalities. But every time a patient sits down and tells us that they have a level of anxiety, we dialogue and find out how we can best address that. And since we have this wide array of solutions, we can accommodate just about everyone here.
Dental sedation will:
- Enable you to stay relaxed during restorative dentistry or other lengthy procedures
- Make it easier for you to receive several treatments in a single appointment
- Relieve a sensitive gag reflex and other issues that can affect your treatment
- Make you less aware of sights, sounds, and sensations that may bother you
To find out if you would benefit from sedation dentistry, call 918-205-4492 .
Dental Sedation Will Give You a Relaxing Visit
Because your anxiety level isn’t always the same, we offer different kinds of safe dental sedation so you can choose the one that best fits your situation. No matter which one you select, our staff will monitor you throughout your treatment. Your options are:
- Inhaled Sedation – Also called laughing gas, we administer it through a small mask worn over your nose. It takes effect quickly and wears off fast too, with no lingering grogginess. You can even drive yourself home. It’s so safe we can give it to young children.
- Oral Sedation – You’ll take a prescription pill before your procedure. It offers a deeper level of relaxation than laughing gas. Since you’ll remain groggy for a while, you’ll need to arrange a ride home.
Enjoy Many Comfort Amenities Too
Sedation isn’t the only way we ensure you are comfortable in our care. We’ll also offer you comfort amenities, including:
- Massage chairs
- Soft pillows
- Warm blankets
- Netflix or music to entertain you while we work
For more information on our sedation options in Broken Arrow, call 918-205-4492 . You can also make an appointment online. LakeCrest Dental is especially convenient for residents of ZIP codes 74011, 74012, 74014, 74133, 74136, 74429, 74105, 74132, 74134, and 74063.