Maintain Great Oral Health With Dental Cleanings & Exams in Broken Arrow, OK
Good oral hygiene at home, including daily brushing and flossing, is the most important way to keep your mouth healthy. Regular dental cleanings and exams at our Broken Arrow, OK dentist office, however, are also essential to maintaining good dental health.Doctor John Rogers on Dental Cleanings and Exams Read Transcript
Routine dental cleanings and dental exams can sound pretty mundane and very basic, but here, they're a lot more than that because we use that opportunity to educate the patient. We take the time to sit down with them to listen to a patient's wants, concerns, and needs. The patient who's coming in for just a typical cleaning and exam may have some desires or some wishes that they've never really expressed, and we like to take the time to listen to that patient and give them the opportunity to tell us that in their most ideal situation, what would their mouth look like? What would their mouth feel like? Are there things that we can provide them that maybe they didn't know existed? So we take the opportunity with the exam and cleaning to really sit down and talk with the patient, see what we can learn from them, and maybe we can help them in ways they had no idea existed.
When you visit us, our helpful team will:
- Remove harmful bacteria that causes tooth decay and gum disease
- Polish your teeth so they look and feel great
- Identify potential problems in their early stages, when they are relatively easy to treat
- Suggest preventive treatments to supplement your hygiene routine and keep your teeth healthy
- Address all your dental goals and concerns
We recommend a dental exam and professional cleaning every six months. To book an appointment, call 918-205-4492.
Stay Comfortable During Your Dental Exam
We use some of the latest dental technology to make your dental exams more comfortable, including:
- Digital X-rays – These are faster than traditional X-rays and don’t require us to put bulky film in your mouth. Plus, they use a fraction of the radiation, so they are better for your long-term health.
- Intraoral Cameras – These handheld cameras let us look into every nook and cranny of your mouth, with less poking and prodding.
We provide lots of comfort amenities too, including massage chairs, blankets and pillows, and the ability to listen to music or watch Netflix while we work.
Take Advantage of Preventive Dentistry
Even with regular checkups, you can still develop cavities and other dental problems. Broken Arrow, OK dentist Dr. John Rogers might suggest preventive dental treatments to keep your teeth in top shape.
- Dental Sealants – When applied to hard-to-clean areas like back teeth, sealants create a barrier between your teeth and the harmful bacteria that causes cavities.
- Fluoride Applications – These treatments offer added protection against cavities for at-risk patients, from young children to adults with dry mouth.
For dental cleanings and exams, call LakeCrest Dental at 918-205-4492. Our Broken Arrow, OK dentist office is conveniently located near several schools, including Wolf Creek Elementary School, Oliver Middle School, and Broken Arrow Freshman Academy.