If you need oral surgery in Broken Arrow, you want it to be quick, comfortable, and precise. That describes your experience at LakeCrest Dental. Your oral surgery procedures will go smoothly, thanks to our:Doctor John Rogers on patient education Read Transcript
Patient education is so important to the entire team here because an educated and well-informed patient is a happy patient. There is occasionally that patient that doesn't want to know very much – ''Just tell me what's wrong and tell me how to fix it'' – and that's great. But it's been our experience that the average patient is curious; the average patient is used to an experience where they don't have the opportunity to have every single question answered, and I don't feel that I'm doing my job appropriately if I have not afforded that patient the opportunity to ask me every question they have about the recommended treatment plans. To understand why we've diagnosed certain procedures is necessary, to understand why certain options that maybe they perceive were going to be presented to them are actually not feasible in this particular instance – any one of those reasons can lead to confusion and sometimes inaction on part of the patient. And inaction just leads to disease progression, which we want to avoid. So whatever time and energy it takes for us to provide a proper patient education is time well spent.
- Advanced technology like panoramic X-rays, which helps us plan and perform your treatment
- Experienced dentists who keep their skills up-to-date through extensive continuing education
- Comforts like massage chairs and Netflix for a welcome distraction while we work
- A choice of different kinds of dental sedation to soothe your nerves
Oral Surgery Procedures Prepare You For Dental Implants
Since Dr. John Rogers is a fellow in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, it’s not surprising he offers oral surgery procedures that help prepare you for placement of dental implants. You can get:
- A Sinus Lift – This procedure is needed when you don’t have enough space in your upper jaw for implants. It adds bone between your upper jaw and your sinuses to create a sturdy foundation for your implants.
- Ridge Augmentation – There are lots of ways to experience bone loss: a tooth extraction, gum disease, developmental defects, or an injury. No matter why your bone has shrunk, this procedure restores it, improving your jaw’s health and appearance.
Our dentists can also comfortably extract teeth, including wisdom teeth.
Stay Comfortable During Your Dental Surgery
Almost any experience, including an oral surgery procedure, is more pleasant with a massage, so you’ll appreciate our comfortable massage chairs. If you really want to feel cozy, ask for a pillow and blanket. If you’re still feeling nervous, squeeze a stress ball or ask about our sedation dentistry. Since there are many degrees of dental anxiety, we offer sedation in addition to effective local anesthetic:
- Inhaled sedation or laughing gas
- Oral conscious sedation in the form of a pill