Fix Oral Health Issues With Tooth Removal in Broken Arrow, OK
Most of the time, it’s better to keep your teeth in your mouth. Yet there are situations when tooth removal is the best option for your long-term oral health. A tooth extraction can:
- Allow other teeth to come in correctly
- End pain and remove an infection
- Set the stage for another treatment
Protect Your Smile
Taking out teeth is not something we recommend unless we see a real benefit for you. With that in mind, here are some examples of situations when it can be helpful to remove teeth:
- You have a severe tooth infection – If your tooth can be saved, you should save it. The sooner, the better. This can be the difference between a tooth filling and root canal. Even so, there are times when the tooth is too weak and should be removed to protect the rest of your smile.
- Your teeth are impacted – Impacted teeth aren’t able to fully erupt. This is often a problem with wisdom teeth. Removing impacted teeth can save you from pain and an increased risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- You are preparing for orthodontic care – Crowding is a common cause of crooked smiles. By removing some teeth, you can make your orthodontic treatment simpler and get better results in the end.
- You are preparing to get replacement teeth – If you’ve already lost several teeth, removing the few teeth you have left can make it easier to get implant-supported dentures. This can help you feel like you have your healthy teeth once again.
You also should know that we offer three levels of dental sedation, so you won’t feel anything during your extraction procedure. We offer inhaled sedation (laughing gas) and oral sedation. We also can arrange to bring in a dental anesthesiologist if you prefer IV sedation.
Tooth Extractions Remove the Problem
You should do everything you can to protect your smile. That means brushing and flossing daily. It means getting regular dental checkups. Sometimes it even means parting with teeth that are causing more trouble than they are worth.
Get tooth removal in Broken Arrow, OK if you need it. Just call 918-205-4492 to make an appointment at LakeCrest Dental. We want you to have a healthy mouth and a happy smile.