Enjoy Healthy Teeth With Metal-Free Tooth Fillings in Claremore
Nearly everyone gets a cavity at some point, so tooth fillings in Claremore are the most frequent restorative dentistry procedure we perform. Since they’re found in so many smiles, we think it’s important they look natural. So we use tooth-colored composite for our fillings, not metal (amalgam).
Blending in easily with your smile is a huge benefit, but it’s not the only one. Non-metal fillings are:
- Easier on Your Teeth – They require less drilling, so you’ll keep more of your natural tooth structure. In addition, they strengthen your tooth and help prevent damage.
- Possible to Repair – Fixing a composite filling is a simple process that will give you back your healthy smile without an. extensive procedure.
- Better for Your Long-Term Health – There is still an ongoing debate about the possible health risks posed by small amounts of mercury in metal fillings. However, we think it’s wise to play it safe and avoid using mercury in dental restorations whenever possible.
If you think you need a dental filling, call LakeCrest Dental at 918-921-9583. You’ll save 20 percent when you sign up for our LakeCrest Dental Wellness Plan. If you are nervous about treatment, we offer two types of sedation to relax you.
Choose the Right Dental Restoration for Better Oral Health
Depending on the severity of your cavity, where it’s located, and other factors, we may recommend one of these dental restorations instead of a composite filling:
- Dental Crown – A crown covers your entire tooth. It’s better than a filling for very large cavities or if the overall structure of your tooth is weak.
- Inlay – We can use this restoration for cavities that are too large for a filling but not large enough for a crown.
- Onlay – Like an inlay, an onlay is a restoration that covers the top surface of your tooth and extends onto the sides. It’s slightly larger than an inlay.
No matter which restorative care option is best for your smile, you will love receiving treatment from our compassionate team. To repair your smile with our Claremore tooth fillings, call 918-921-9583. You can also schedule an appointment .