Prevent Dental Problems With Wisdom Teeth Removal in Claremore, OK
Anthropologists think our ancestors needed wisdom teeth to eat foods like roots and nuts that required lots of chewing. Now our diet has changed, and wisdom teeth aren’t necessary. In some cases, they aren’t just unnecessary; they’re downright problematic. Claremore, OK dentist Dr. Tygran Pahlevanyan may recommend wisdom teeth removal so you can:
- Avoid the pain of impacted wisdom teeth
- Stop your other teeth from being pushed out of place
- Prevent infection that may result if bacteria get in between your wisdom teeth and gums
- Find it easier to keep your teeth clean and cavity-free
To schedule an exam so we can check on the development of your wisdom teeth, call 918-921-9583.
Technology Helps Us See Potential Problems Before a Procedure Starts
As with any other procedure, we’ll ensure your wisdom tooth extraction goes well by using some of the latest dental technology to plan and perform your procedure. Our technology includes:
- Digital Panoramic X-rays – This X-ray provides a view that includes both of your jaws, all of your teeth, and your nasal area and sinuses. It makes it easier for us to see potential complications such as bone abnormalities, cysts, and impacted teeth.
- Intraoral Cameras – This handheld camera makes it easier to get a good look at the very back of your mouth, where wisdom teeth are located.
If you do need to have wisdom teeth extracted, you’re in good hands with Dr. Pahlevanyan and the rest of our caring team. Your mouth will be numbed with local anesthesia, and you can get dental sedation if you need it.
See Us With These Wisdom Teeth Symptoms
A dental exam with Dr. Pahlevanyan is the only way to know for sure whether you need to get any wisdom teeth removed. You should schedule an exam ASAP if you notice any of these symptoms:
- Tender or swollen gums
- Jaw pain
- Chronic bad breath
- Swelling around your jaw
- Unpleasant taste in your mouth
- Pain when opening your mouth
If you suspect you may need wisdom teeth removal, call LakeCrest Dental at 918-921-9583.