There are a lot of good things about becoming a young adult, like getting a driver’s license and being able to vote. Not all rites of passage are positive, though. Getting wisdom teeth can be painful and may even cause dental problems. We may suggest proactive wisdom teeth removal in Sand Springs. It will:
- Prevent pain caused by impacted wisdom teeth
- Avoid crowding so nearby teeth aren’t pushed out of their proper place
- Stop bacteria from getting in between your wisdom teeth and gums, where it can cause an infection
- Make it easier to clean teeth and keep them cavity-free
Most people get their wisdom teeth in their late teens or early 20s. If you have a family member of that age, call 918-205-4386 to schedule an exam so Dr. Patten can check the development of their wisdom teeth.
Technology Helps Us Better Plan & Perform Your Procedure
As with any tooth extraction, Dr. Patten wants to know about any potential complications before your procedure starts. Our office uses some of the latest dental technology to get a good look at your mouth, including:
- Digital Panoramic X-rays – This X-ray shows not just all of your teeth but also the underlying structure of both jaws, your nasal area, and your sinuses. It makes it easier for us to find potential problems like bone abnormalities and impacted teeth.
- Intraoral Cameras – We can easily get a good look at the back of your mouth, where your wisdom teeth are located, with this handheld camera.
If a wisdom teeth extraction is needed, you’re in good hands with our Sand Springs dental team. We use local anesthesia to thoroughly numb your mouth, and you’ll be able to get dental sedation if you’re nervous or worried about discomfort. Unlike many general dentists, we offer a choice of different types of sedation.
Eliminate Wisdom Teeth Symptoms After Your Tooth Removal
Schedule an exam ASAP if you’re in pain or notice any of these symptoms:
- Tender or swollen gums
- Chronic bad breath
- Swelling around your jaw
- Unpleasant taste in your mouth