In general, you should try to keep all your teeth for as long as possible. Even so, you may find yourself in a situation when tooth removal is the best way to maintain your oral health in the long run. By getting a tooth removal in Sand Springs, you could:
- Stop pain and get rid of an infection
- Let more teeth erupt correctly
- Prepare for other treatments
Don’t Risk Your Smile Because of a Bad Tooth
Removing teeth is only recommended when it can provide a real benefit for you. Here are a few situations when taking out a tooth could help:
- Tooth Infections – When a tooth is severely damaged, even a root canal may not be enough to save it. Removing that tooth and replacing it can be the best thing for your oral health.
- Impacted Teeth – An impacted tooth isn’t able to erupt completely. This is a common reason wisdom teeth are removed. By taking out impacted teeth, you can end or avoid pain and reduce your risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Crowded Teeth – If your teeth are crowded, your smile may be crooked, too. Orthodontic care can be easier and more effective if you remove problematic teeth before you begin treatment.
- Teeth Replacements – For a patient expecting teeth replacements, it’s sometimes worth taking out the last few natural teeth they have. This can make it easier to get implant-supported dentures that look and feel like real teeth.
To keep you comfortable during your extraction, we provide dental sedation. You won’t feel anything with inhaled sedation (laughing gas) or oral sedation, which is done with help from a dental anesthesiologist.
Get Rid of Your Problem Teeth
Do everything you can to protect your oral health. Brush and floss every day, make regular dental checkups part of your oral care routine, and if needed, take out the teeth that cause more trouble than they are worth.
To get tooth removal in Sand Springs, just call 918-205-4386 for an appointment at LakeCrest Dental. You deserve a happy smile and a healthy mouth.