- Find relief for painful tooth problems
- Prepare your mouth for dental implants
- Enjoy relaxing procedures with sedation
While oral surgery isn’t something most people look forward to, you won’t need to worry about it at LakeCrest Dental. Dr. Brian Patten has a decade of experience performing oral surgery in Sand Springs, and he keeps his skills up-to-date with hours of continuing education.Doctor Brian Patten on oral surgery Read Transcript
Doctor Brian Patten on oral surgery
When a patient presents to our office for oral surgery, they're generally in pain, the tooth is nonrestorable and it needs to be extracted. The first step is to remove that tooth and get the patient out of pain. The next step would be to present different options for restorations of that either missing space or the teeth around it.
In addition to our experienced dentist, while you’re in our office for an oral surgery procedure you’ll appreciate:
- Patient-friendly technology that helps us plan and perform your procedures, like our panoramic X-rays and intraoral cameras
- Comfort amenities like blankets, pillows, and stress balls
- Our compassionate staff
- Different kinds of dental sedation, one of which will be the right one to keep you relaxed throughout your treatment
Do you need an oral surgery procedure? Call 918-205-4386.
Oral Surgery Procedures Prepare You For Dental Implants
Getting common oral surgery procedures in our office can save you time, hassle, and expense. From wisdom teeth removal to treatments that prepare you for dental implants, we offer:
- Bone Grafts and Ridge Augmentation – Bone loss happens for many reasons, including gum disease, loss of teeth, developmental defects, or even a blow to your jaw. Dr. Patten can boost your bone density with a bone graft or ridge augmentation. These procedures strengthen your jaw, making you a better candidate for dental implants.
- Tooth Extractions – There are many reasons teeth may need to be extracted to preserve your oral health. No matter why they need to go, Dr. Patten can comfortably remove any number of teeth. Even wisdom teeth aren’t a problem!
Sedation Can Soothe You During Dental Surgery Procedures
Our staff has lots of experience in keeping you relaxed during oral surgery. Cozying up with a blanket and pillow and squeezing a stress ball can help. While we’ll thoroughly numb your mouth with local anesthesia before your treatment begins, you may want dental sedation too. You can choose from different kinds:
- Inhaled sedation, also called laughing gas
- Oral sedation you’ll take as a pill