We won’t take your fear of the dentist personally, but we will take it seriously. So much so that we offer sedation options in Owasso that are guaranteed to keep you calm and comfortable whenever you pay us a visit for the high-quality dental care you deserve.Doctor Kristina Rogozhkina on sedation options Read Transcript
Dental anxiety in a dental office is a very common issue I run into all the time. I believe it is very important to make the patient feel as comfortable and as relaxed as possible. I myself used to struggle with anxiety coming into dental practices, so I can definitely relate to my patients.
Here at LakeCrest Dental, we can offer, first of all, (inaudible), a little bit on the lighter side if we just need to take the edge off. Really helps you relax. For more involved procedure or maybe for a more anxious patient, we also offer oral sedation. That is a wonderful solution. It really helps you relax, really not worry about anything, and you can just think about pleasant thoughts while you're getting your treatment done. We do have to make sure that you bring a driver with you, but ultimately that would be a wonderful treatment that will allow the patient to get the services that they need without having to stress over it.
Dental sedation is an effective way to:
- Stay relaxed during your treatments
- Combine multiple treatments into one convenient appointment
- Reduce fidgeting or relieve a sensitive gag reflex that makes dental care difficult
- Quiet the stressful environmental distractions of the office that might trigger your fears
Sedation Will Help You Feel Comfortable
For a whole host of reasons, people often feel really anxious about dental treatment. Maybe you fear pain or worry that you might repeat a traumatic treatment you experienced in the past. Perhaps you’re not able to physically stand people working inside your mouth because of a sensitive gag reflex.
Whatever the reason for your stress, we offer two types of sedation to suit your needs:
- Inhaled Sedation – You’re probably already familiar with this option because it’s commonly known as laughing gas. It takes immediate effect and wears off quickly so you don’t have to deal with making arrangements to have someone drive you to and from your appointment.
- Oral Sedation – A pill is taken before your appointment, so you’ll need to have a trusted friend or family member drive you to our office and take you home afterward. It’s a stronger sedative that will induce deeper relaxation just in time for your procedure.
Cozy Up in Our Office With Soothing Amenities
Along with dental sedation, you can cozy up with any of our soothing amenities to make you feel more at home while you’re in our care. We offer:
- Warm Blankets
- Soft Pillows
- An Eye Mask
- Lip Balm